As a client, you should have the best of both worlds. That is, the benefit of
- Immediate access to decades of strategic and tactical experience;
- Your own in-house media and information service.
You communicate competence by being competent: being able to speak directly is a good start.
External advice should be invisible
- given with the benefit of distance;
- bringing wide experience;
- with thorough knowledge of how print, broadcast and social media work;
- knowing how governments, administrations, political processes operate;
- with imaginative, forward-looking understanding of the dynamics of public opinion;
… so that you are heard as you will want to be heard.
An in-house press and information officer is always more credible than a hired outsider. Through initial training – and then being always to hand – Peter White equips a member of the client’s staff to:
- identify audiences, formulate messages and communicate through appropriate means;
- drive traditional and social media – not be driven by them;
- manage events;
- understand the mechanics of press relations;
- deal with governments and their agencies.